Holiday Walk

Hello and welcome House Walk visitors! Hopefully you are joining me from stop number 7, if not, you may see that home by clicking here: Craftberry Bush

My home is stop number 8 on the Holiday House Walk this year.

My home is currently under construction, as we have torn apart my sitting room to redo the drywall and ceiling, which is a HUGE mess, but I did manage to get a few pictures in the ONE day I had Christmas decor up in there.

This wreath is something I made especially for the holiday issue of Souvenir Magazine. I love the way it came out, and how it looks against my black dutch door.

I had a neutral theme going on my piano where I like to set-up my favorite vignettes. I think I will recreate it once the room is put back together.

I set out the small collection of snow globes I made last year on a round mirrored tray. Finn’s first Christmas picture is in it’s own store bought globe, amongst them.

I love adding ornaments and greenery to my dough bowl. The colors work so well together.

I hung the peppermint wreath I made last year in the dining room, and added pops of red to my shelves to compliment the space.

The jewel tree (above) is another project that I created for Souvenir Magazine this year. The how-to is in the Holiday issue, just click on my sidebar to visit the site and purchase a copy.

I made this one a few years ago, and I think it’s still my favorite.

Happy holidays to all of you! I hope to have more pictures later this month once my construction is finished and we get a tree!

PART 2 (added on 12/10/12) is below:

These pictures were taken over the course of the last three days. They end with pictures from today, with Finn in his dinosaur jammies. I don’t think my poor tree is going to make it until Christmas. ;)

Remember to continue on the holiday walk tomorrow with stop number 9:

If you are just joining in on this walk, please visit Jennifer Rizzo‘s blog to start at the beginning:

Comments

Sadie, your Christmas home is lovely! I love the color palette. My favorite is the vignette with the big clock! Thanks for sharing your home with us.
    xo
    jeanne

That wreath on your door is absolutely stunning – and I am definitely inspired to try a vintage jewelry tree. I have a whole box of my Grandmother’s costume jewelry and I would love to do something with it. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Take care,
    Laura

Love all the special touches in your Christmas decor!Your door looks fabulous too!Thank you so much for sharing!
    xx
    Anne

Such gorgeous Christmas…what an honor to be your ‘neighbor’ for this home walk. Love everything you do, thank you for inspiring…xo
    Lucy

I found you through the housewalk tour and so glad I did! Your home is beautiful! I love the jeweled trees and I’m off to pick up a copy of Souvenir magazine!

Blessings,

Doreen

These turned out beautifully! I love the snowflakes on the window and the snow globe picture – I was so excited to get mine out this year, too! :)

I really enjoyed your tour. I just love the way the grey looks with the small touches of red. Thank you for having me, and Merry Christmas!

sara, always a pure treat to see a glimpse into your beautiful world!!
    AND how i love your new header….the feet image, with hannah too…oh my!!!

Your home looks gorgeous Sara decorated for the Holidays! I love the calm, neutral theme with splashes of red ♥

10. Grey says

Thank you for taking the pictures for the tour! Everything is lovely, but I just adore the jewel trees! I am collecting things to make my own one day. I hope your room improvements are finished soon so you can get back to normal.

11. Kristen says

Your home is beautiful ! I love it that you include family touches and not just decorating. You son is so sweet. I especially love that you also thought to include the pets.

Merry Christmas !