on my mind

Can you tell what’s on my mind….  I got my crib this week, and I am constantly peeking in the nursery just to sigh and smile…  I am so excited!!! I was able to purchase some vintage fabrics, and my in-laws are sewing me up my own custom crib bedding, so my excitement level is a bit over the top at the moment. I can’t wait to share pictures!

Thank you so much for all the suggestions on my last post. It’s funny how close some of you came to my own actual “vision”. Things are rolling right along. Josh and I got our application turned in, and we are working on the next steps in the coming weeks. (Physicals, Interviews, Home Study, CPR Classes, TB tests, and more)…

I am off to add my finds for the week to the Etsy shop, so I’ll pop back in next time I have an update! Enjoy the weekend!

Comments

i am so glad you found some inspiration!
    Your happiness is oozing out of your post, I am so HAPPY for you!
    Amy

oh sara
    i am so thrilled for you
    i remember the first time ( well, the first time i saw ) you shared about your desire to have a child
    i can’t wait to witness this unfold
    xo

Oh…my weakness…..old baby shoes!
    There is just something about those old wrinkled, leather path makers that makes me sign!
    Beautiful! Simple and Touching!
    Lisa

you have such beautiful imagery on your blog– and happy days and best wishes ahead for you new little one… I have a 1 year old grandson– so precious and cute.

5. joanne says

i wish you happy days to come…babies are so precious…the photo of the shoes are very endearing….good luck sara .. looking forward to your postings and pics…..

sweet friend,
    I know your heart is about bursting and you truly will be an extraordinary mother. before you know it that baby will be in your arms and all of this will seem like a distant memory~
    much love to you,
    xx

Enjoy your journey into adoption, it is so wonderful! We have 5 adopted children, 4 international & 1 domestic plus 2 “homemade”! Cherish every moment of your story as the pages turn and the chapters are written! God bless you!

I’m soooo happy & excited for you & Josh! Dreams really do come true:) And I just know it will be an amazing journey! Wishing you well…

Beautiful photo! If I were decorating for my first little one, this would definitely be in there!

Sending sunshine your way! Best wishes for the new arrival!!

Always,
    Bonnie

OH how exciting!! Can’t wait to see your custom crib bedding!! My mother-in-law made all of our crib bedding, too :-) — so wonderful & fun to have an excellent seamstress in the family!! So happy to read about your overjoyment (is that a word? :-))!!

i’m so happy for you, i can just feel the love with which you write. that will be one very blessed child to have such a sweet momma. love the picture. have a nice week. susan

12. Patricia S. Ginda says

Gorgeous pic….post cards maybe…it would make a great thank you for baby gifts! Congrats to you guys…it’s such a long process but the rewards are worth it! Keep us posted. Best of luck.

Ok this wonderful picture you took needs to be a poster and sold in a frame hung in baby storesall over. I LOVE IT. Your photography is beyond words. Make these into post cards or something. You need to mass produce this one.

I am really excited for you and how your baby room will be coming along. I know it will be wonderful. Blessings!

Lisa

14. Gina says

Hi Sara – that pic has me just so excited for you!!! Good luck with the nursery and preparations – I just know this will be an amazing journey for you and Josh – Blessings to both of you!!!
    PS – can’t wait to see what you do with this nursery also!!!

Oh Sara, it makes me smile to hear the joy in your words! You guys deserve this. I can’t wait to see the gorgeous nursey you are making. What a lucky wee one!

Sara, I am so happy to hear that you are adopting. I looked back through your posts a bit, but couldn’t find where you will be adopting from (domestic? foreign?) YOu know that my family has been to China and India for our children. We love adoption. I can honestly say, having both biological and adopted children, that the emotions are exactly the same on “delivery day” It is a joy beyond description. Our daughter and our niece have brought a whole new dimension to our entire extended family. We are crazy about adoption! You are in for a bit of magic… that is for sure!!!!

Oh I am so happy for you!
    I haven’t been by for a while, and now I discover you are well on the road to adoption – exciting news!
    Like you we are working towards adoption too, here in the UK. We’ve done our preparation course and now we’re waiting to meet our social worker and do the home study and assessment process – I cannot wait, I am so keen to get started :-)
    We’ve been clearing out our spare room too, though there’s still a long way to go before we can make it into a children’s room. I shall make sure I stop by more often now to see the parallels between our two adoption processes :-)
    Wishing you many happy days,
    Denise x

Congratulations on your adoption plans. :) I am a newer fan of yours and recently started reading the blog. I started at the end and was deeply saddened by your post during the holiday season. I hope that the boy or girl will be everything you hope he/she will. :)

And, on another note, my real first name is Sadie and I am actually going to marry a man whose last name is Olive. That is how I found your site, while bored and typed in my future name in Facebook. :) Co-ink-e-dink!

19. jennifer ingram says

I have a pair of my son’s shoes just like this and since I’m doing black and white photos – this will be one idea – thank you – this is a lovely photo! My sons are 32 and 29 (Todd last Sunday the 25th). I’m so very in love with your blog, designs and happy for you… stop by some time – and breathe….Jennifer jennsthreegraces