holiday cheer

I actually was excited this year to do some Christmas decorating. The day after Thanksgiving I was anxious to put the last of my pumpkins away and get out my holiday sparkle. My sister, Morgan and I did a little craft project this year with my mother in law to each make ourselves a jeweled tree. (You can see my first attempt here in 2007). I decided to do a white, gold and silver theme on chocolate brown velvet and in a neat old frame I picked up on a treasure hunt. I just love the way it came out. It prompted me to re-visit my old one and fill it in some to improve upon it. (Photos of the old one to come in a later post). But first a bit of decor….

xmas1

I picked up these pink, pinstriped velvet love seats on a recent treasure hunt. I thought they were the perfect scale for my narrow living room. I wasn’t quite sold on the color once I got them home, but I just love them with the Christmas decor. (Josh on the other hand HATES them). But what do men know???

xmas5St Francis is out to watch over us, and I thought he fit right in with the holiday hoopla.

xmas3That sweet little santa bucket is one of my favorite items.

xmas2 I got out the bottle drying rack for all the wine we will be drinking this December. (Ok, well I don’t particularly like wine… but everyone else in the family does, and those bottles have to look pretty somewhere!).

xmas7Oh, did I mention that I managed to sneak a few more great pictures of Hannah in while I was snapping away?

xmas9Here is the lovely new tree I made. What do you think?

xmas8A couple more with my pretty “daughter”.

xmas4

A close up of the tree…. I think this is the earliest we have ever had a tree up!

xmas6And the last of Hannah pictures for today… I promise.

Comments

Tell me about your dogs bed,did you make it, we have a chocolate lab to that is my Brannigan she needs a bed like that, so she can keep her fur to herself, she just has this need to share it.

Kim

2. Brenna says

The jeweled tree is beautiful! Do you mind me asking where your table and chairs are from? I’m looking for a new set and it’s so hard to find a nice black table these days.

Your living room is just GORGEOUS! I love everything about it! Even the pink sofas! (Although my hubs would hate them too!) Great pictures!

4. jackie says

I love your pink loveseats…….if you decide to sell them let me know…the only problem is I live in Oklahoma. Your house looks awesome. Thank you for always having great pictures on your blog.

You have such a beautiful home! And those pink love seats fit right in with the rest of the room decor and are perfect for Christmas! :)

It looks great Sara! Those love seat have a great shape to them.. I don’t mind the pink, but I think reupholstered they’d be fabulous! Everything in your home looks really festive ! Don’t worry, Santa and I had a chat via our house elf “George” and I put in the request for the big bags of money for us. ;)

7. Cynthia says

I was wondering also were you got your dog bed. We need one in our house that matches our decor.

What a delicious post! Your decor looks so velvety, warm, and inviting, with a classy gleam here and there. I could study these pictures for hours. I always look forward to photos of your home. These exceeded all expectations. Thank you!

I love to see that other people have tags on their “stuff”….I live with some of my purchases sometimes before I sell them and they have my shop tags hanging from them, like your stool does. that made me smile.

Everything is beautiful ~ I love all that light. A big thank you to both you and Hannah for letting us stop in for a visit. ;-)

11. Genevieve says

Sadie, you Christmas decorations are beautiful. The jewelry tree reminds me of the one my mother made about 20 years ago with all rinestone jewelry mostely hers. Thanks for the memory.

Ohmigosh! Everything…I mean everything…is so, so lovely! Such pretty rooms & holiday decor. And, of course, Hannah is such a cutie, too:) P.S. I love the pink loveseats, but my hubby would probably agree with yours;)

13. Lucinda says

Sorry I posted this comment under the wrong post.

– I love looking at homes decorated for the holidays but lately I’ve be come turned off by these excessive designer overdone Christmas decorations. That is why your home is such a refreshing breath of air. It soothing and peaceful and allows one to relax and think of the true meaning of the Holidays.
    I will definitely put it in my inspiration file.

Sara, your house looks fabulous!!! love the new “pink” finds…and all the simple decor, not too overdone, just perfect!!

I LOVE those pink velvet love seats! They’re adorable! Velvet furniture is so lovely. :) Your Christmas decorations look beautiful!

yay!! i’ve been waiting to see what you’ve been up to and it all looks gorgeous.
    you know i especially love those of hannah on her dream doggy bed
    xo

17. Angie S. says

Your home is beautiful! Love the Christmas decorations, and your baby is just the sweetest!! Too cute!

Hi there,
    I just LOVE your Christmas decor and your house is gorgeous! I am new here, but have been poking around and love your blog. I wanted to let you know that you are not along in your IF journey. I know how frustrating it can be, but don’t stop trying.
    I know your a pro photographer, but I couldn’t have stumbled on your blog at a BETTER time. I’m just about to buy my first DLSR and wondered what you are using? Right now I’m between the Nikon D90 and the Canon T1i. Leaning more toward the Nikon but wonder if it’s too much for a beginner like me. My main reason for wanting the next level of camera is almost no shutter lag (compared to point and shoot) and I love shooting with no flash, which is EXTREMELY hard to do with my PnS. :)
    Again, great blog!
    Kristi

Hannah is too sweet, I love her face. Where did you get the dog bed. It looks like the same fabric I got on some outdoor cushions from Marshalls’ or TJ Maxx…I really like the print but I didn’t see them in a dog bed…not that we have a dog but IF we did.

Sara, Reading your blog and looking at your decorating has now put me into the mood of the holidays… guess I will start decorating today! Thank you for sharing…. Victoria…feminineliving.com

How lovely & inspiring. Those pink love seats are amazing – really a gorgeous color. Hi Hannah – you’re a sweetie! -amy

22. Tricia says

I have read your blog for a while and have never left a comment, but I have to tell you that I LOVE that jewel tree! It’s gorgeous! I just blogged about mine this week. Mine aren’t nearly as beautiful as yours, but it brings to mind my grandma who had one when I was growing up. I’ve always loved it. You did a fabulous job and your home is GORGEOUS!!! I love your shop as well, I’ve purchased a few things a while back and still love them! Have a great weekend!

23. Gina says

Hi Sara, Just recently stumbled upon your blog, and I love it also!!! I think I am going to try to make a jeweled tree for my Mom, she loves jewelry and it so unique. I had never heard of it till your blog. Anyways, what is that giant bottle of wine on the stool with the writing all over it? It is so cute!

Just wanted to let you know that I enjoy visiting your blog and was reminded of this as I have had a very stressful past few days. I thought I would sit down with a cup of tea and blog hop for a bit when I noticed I was looking at the same post of yours I have looked at now a couple different days and realized I was swaying back and forth to the music and smiling at the great inspiration of your holiday decor photos. It was quite a stress reliever. Thank You!

Thank you for sharing pictures of your home and decorations. Especially love your doggie! With our new brood of three kittens we will be challenged to keep them from “bothering” the tree, which will go up this weekend.
    xo,
    Cheryl

Dear Sadie
    Your lounge looks wonderful, and I love your love seats!
    As for the bejewelled tree you made – it is the most beautiful thing I’ve seen in blogland this week – simply stunning! I bet it is amazing in ‘the flesh’!
    Happy days to you
    Denise x

27. Theresa says

Love the color of your walls…what color is that? Do you mind sharing?

Your home is lovely, have a wonderful holiday season.

Theresa in Orange County, CA.

EEP! How have not been over here before? I *LOVE* everything about your Christmassy room from sweet Hannah to the fabulous treatment of the walls…this is MARVELOUS stuff! Can’t wait to bask in more of your sunshine momentarily…

Merry Christmas!
    xo,
    lily at bigBANG studio
    bigbangstudio.blogspot.com

29. Julia says

Just dicovered you via Romantic Homes magazine. I like what I see. Love you website, and will be checking out your Etsy shop.

30. jackie says

I have missed you blogging! Hope all is well and you will keep us up to speed on what is going on at Sadie Olive………….

31. Shanna Rhodes says

I love the little tree! I’ve always wanted to do one on a pillow made out of vintage Christmas tree pins or a snowflake from crystal snowflake pins…..that’s a lot of pin collecting though.