holiday cheer

I actually was excited this year to do some Christmas decorating. The day after Thanksgiving I was anxious to put the last of my pumpkins away and get out my holiday sparkle. My sister, Morgan and I did a little craft project this year with my mother in law to each make ourselves a jeweled tree. (You can see my first attempt here in 2007). I decided to do a white, gold and silver theme on chocolate brown velvet and in a neat old frame I picked up on a treasure hunt. I just love the way it came out. It prompted me to re-visit my old one and fill it in some to improve upon it. (Photos of the old one to come in a later post). But first a bit of decor….

xmas1

I picked up these pink, pinstriped velvet love seats on a recent treasure hunt. I thought they were the perfect scale for my narrow living room. I wasn’t quite sold on the color once I got them home, but I just love them with the Christmas decor. (Josh on the other hand HATES them). But what do men know???

xmas5
St Francis is out to watch over us, and I thought he fit right in with the holiday hoopla.

xmas3
That sweet little santa bucket is one of my favorite items.

xmas2
I got out the bottle drying rack for all the wine we will be drinking this December. (Ok, well I don’t particularly like wine… but everyone else in the family does, and those bottles have to look pretty somewhere!).

xmas7
Oh, did I mention that I managed to sneak a few more great pictures of Hannah in while I was snapping away?

xmas9
Here is the lovely new tree I made. What do you think?

xmas8
A couple more with my pretty “daughter”.

xmas4

A close up of the tree…. I think this is the earliest we have ever had a tree up!

xmas6
And the last of Hannah pictures for today… I promise.

Share on Facebook|Tweet This|Pin It|Follow on Bloglovin'|Back to Top
Kim - December 2, 2009 - 9:31 pm

Tell me about your dogs bed,did you make it, we have a chocolate lab to that is my Brannigan she needs a bed like that, so she can keep her fur to herself, she just has this need to share it.

Kim

Brenna - December 2, 2009 - 9:56 pm

The jeweled tree is beautiful! Do you mind me asking where your table and chairs are from? I’m looking for a new set and it’s so hard to find a nice black table these days.

Aimee - December 2, 2009 - 9:59 pm

Your living room is just GORGEOUS! I love everything about it! Even the pink sofas! (Although my hubs would hate them too!) Great pictures!

Michelle - December 2, 2009 - 10:18 pm

I love your jewel tree…. both of them actually. Your home is so warm and cozy… and your Hannah is just so sweet!

Smiles~ Michelle

jackie - December 2, 2009 - 10:23 pm

I love your pink loveseats…….if you decide to sell them let me know…the only problem is I live in Oklahoma. Your house looks awesome. Thank you for always having great pictures on your blog.

camille - December 2, 2009 - 10:25 pm

Hannah is just precious! She’s wearing the same collar my black female lab is.

Chaucee - December 2, 2009 - 10:34 pm

You have such a beautiful home! And those pink love seats fit right in with the rest of the room decor and are perfect for Christmas! :)

Lora ~ Charmed - December 2, 2009 - 11:33 pm

Love that tree! Gorgeousness….

Jen R - December 3, 2009 - 12:27 am

It looks great Sara! Those love seat have a great shape to them.. I don’t mind the pink, but I think reupholstered they’d be fabulous! Everything in your home looks really festive ! Don’t worry, Santa and I had a chat via our house elf “George” and I put in the request for the big bags of money for us. ;)

SUSAN - December 3, 2009 - 2:08 am

Everything looks FAB!

Cynthia - December 3, 2009 - 2:38 am

I was wondering also were you got your dog bed. We need one in our house that matches our decor.

martha - December 3, 2009 - 2:50 am

What a delicious post! Your decor looks so velvety, warm, and inviting, with a classy gleam here and there. I could study these pictures for hours. I always look forward to photos of your home. These exceeded all expectations. Thank you!

Lisa Sommers - December 3, 2009 - 2:59 am

I love to see that other people have tags on their “stuff”….I live with some of my purchases sometimes before I sell them and they have my shop tags hanging from them, like your stool does. that made me smile.

Rebecca - December 3, 2009 - 3:42 am

Everything is beautiful ~ I love all that light. A big thank you to both you and Hannah for letting us stop in for a visit. ;-)

Gena - December 3, 2009 - 9:35 am

Too beautiful!!! Love Hannah, love the tree, the santa bucket and def. love the large clock over the piano!! Nice!

kasey - December 3, 2009 - 1:12 pm

gorgeous sara..
just gorgeous.
i love your home;-0
xo

Genevieve - December 3, 2009 - 1:53 pm

Sadie, you Christmas decorations are beautiful. The jewelry tree reminds me of the one my mother made about 20 years ago with all rinestone jewelry mostely hers. Thanks for the memory.

m - December 3, 2009 - 2:48 pm

LOVE that jewel tree!!!! I have always wanted to make one!!

m ^..^

LeahC - December 3, 2009 - 2:59 pm

Ohmigosh! Everything…I mean everything…is so, so lovely! Such pretty rooms & holiday decor. And, of course, Hannah is such a cutie, too:) P.S. I love the pink loveseats, but my hubby would probably agree with yours;)

Lucinda - December 3, 2009 - 3:21 pm

Sorry I posted this comment under the wrong post.

– I love looking at homes decorated for the holidays but lately I’ve be come turned off by these excessive designer overdone Christmas decorations. That is why your home is such a refreshing breath of air. It soothing and peaceful and allows one to relax and think of the true meaning of the Holidays.
I will definitely put it in my inspiration file.

Tara - December 3, 2009 - 4:10 pm

Sara, your house looks fabulous!!! love the new “pink” finds…and all the simple decor, not too overdone, just perfect!!

Lindsey - December 3, 2009 - 7:03 pm

I LOVE those pink velvet love seats! They’re adorable! Velvet furniture is so lovely. :) Your Christmas decorations look beautiful!

paige - December 3, 2009 - 7:59 pm

yay!! i’ve been waiting to see what you’ve been up to and it all looks gorgeous.
you know i especially love those of hannah on her dream doggy bed
xo

donna good - December 3, 2009 - 10:31 pm

oh how lovely!!!

Angie S. - December 4, 2009 - 1:17 am

Your home is beautiful! Love the Christmas decorations, and your baby is just the sweetest!! Too cute!

Kristi - December 4, 2009 - 4:24 am

Hi there,
I just LOVE your Christmas decor and your house is gorgeous! I am new here, but have been poking around and love your blog. I wanted to let you know that you are not along in your IF journey. I know how frustrating it can be, but don’t stop trying.
I know your a pro photographer, but I couldn’t have stumbled on your blog at a BETTER time. I’m just about to buy my first DLSR and wondered what you are using? Right now I’m between the Nikon D90 and the Canon T1i. Leaning more toward the Nikon but wonder if it’s too much for a beginner like me. My main reason for wanting the next level of camera is almost no shutter lag (compared to point and shoot) and I love shooting with no flash, which is EXTREMELY hard to do with my PnS. :)
Again, great blog!
Kristi

Gabrielle - December 4, 2009 - 1:02 pm

Hannah is too sweet, I love her face. Where did you get the dog bed. It looks like the same fabric I got on some outdoor cushions from Marshalls’ or TJ Maxx…I really like the print but I didn’t see them in a dog bed…not that we have a dog but IF we did.

victoria silva - December 4, 2009 - 2:20 pm

Sara, Reading your blog and looking at your decorating has now put me into the mood of the holidays… guess I will start decorating today! Thank you for sharing…. Victoria…feminineliving.com

Glamarella Junk-Sherry - December 4, 2009 - 3:20 pm

True Vintage Christmas!!! Love your home…always!!!!
How are you too??? Come visit soon!
Sherry

Kim - December 4, 2009 - 3:47 pm

It all looks beautiful! Perfectly Christmassy while being perfectly Sadie Olive :)

Amy - December 4, 2009 - 4:30 pm

How lovely & inspiring. Those pink love seats are amazing – really a gorgeous color. Hi Hannah – you’re a sweetie! -amy

Linda in AZ - December 5, 2009 - 3:29 am

**** Oh, dear HANNAH!!! Suuuuuch a darling!!!!!!******

Tricia - December 5, 2009 - 4:06 am

I have read your blog for a while and have never left a comment, but I have to tell you that I LOVE that jewel tree! It’s gorgeous! I just blogged about mine this week. Mine aren’t nearly as beautiful as yours, but it brings to mind my grandma who had one when I was growing up. I’ve always loved it. You did a fabulous job and your home is GORGEOUS!!! I love your shop as well, I’ve purchased a few things a while back and still love them! Have a great weekend!

sandy toe - December 7, 2009 - 2:23 am

Everything is so very pretty! I love the dog!
sandy toe

Gina - December 7, 2009 - 6:16 pm

Hi Sara, Just recently stumbled upon your blog, and I love it also!!! I think I am going to try to make a jeweled tree for my Mom, she loves jewelry and it so unique. I had never heard of it till your blog. Anyways, what is that giant bottle of wine on the stool with the writing all over it? It is so cute!

Valarie - December 7, 2009 - 10:36 pm

Bravissimo! Love it all – but especially love your jeweled tree! xox

erin - December 8, 2009 - 2:00 am

i love it all but especially the TIN ceiling!!
all the best to you,
erin

casey - December 8, 2009 - 7:02 am

Just wanted to let you know that I enjoy visiting your blog and was reminded of this as I have had a very stressful past few days. I thought I would sit down with a cup of tea and blog hop for a bit when I noticed I was looking at the same post of yours I have looked at now a couple different days and realized I was swaying back and forth to the music and smiling at the great inspiration of your holiday decor photos. It was quite a stress reliever. Thank You!

Cheryl ~ Casual Cottage Chic - December 9, 2009 - 4:11 am

Thank you for sharing pictures of your home and decorations. Especially love your doggie! With our new brood of three kittens we will be challenged to keep them from “bothering” the tree, which will go up this weekend.
xo,
Cheryl

Lisa Bivona - December 9, 2009 - 4:53 am

Pure contentment, thank you!

Penny Patten - December 9, 2009 - 8:17 pm

Love, love these love seats!!! Really, what do men know? Ha! Ha! What a great find!

le petit cabinet de - December 10, 2009 - 2:59 pm

I love every corner , every detail of your christmas decoration ! Your christmas jewell tree inpsires me a lot , may be for next year !! your santo is divine

Denise @ A Bun Can Dance - December 10, 2009 - 9:30 pm

Dear Sadie
Your lounge looks wonderful, and I love your love seats!
As for the bejewelled tree you made – it is the most beautiful thing I’ve seen in blogland this week – simply stunning! I bet it is amazing in ‘the flesh’!
Happy days to you
Denise x

Theresa - December 12, 2009 - 9:42 pm

Love the color of your walls…what color is that? Do you mind sharing?

Your home is lovely, have a wonderful holiday season.

Theresa in Orange County, CA.

Susan at Charm of the Carolines - December 15, 2009 - 8:49 pm

Your photos are absolutely inspiring! Especially love the ones with your precious pup. I, too, have a Lab, Lily Belle, my pride and joy. Thanks for sharing!

Susan at Charm of the Carolines

Lily - December 16, 2009 - 10:09 pm

EEP! How have not been over here before? I *LOVE* everything about your Christmassy room from sweet Hannah to the fabulous treatment of the walls…this is MARVELOUS stuff! Can’t wait to bask in more of your sunshine momentarily…

Merry Christmas!
xo,
lily at bigBANG studio
bigbangstudio.blogspot.com

julie - December 21, 2009 - 8:58 pm

i love your stockings

La Donna - December 23, 2009 - 12:43 pm

Sara,
Your home is so beautiful!

Merry Christmas and thank you for your friendship throughout the year! : )
La Donna

Caitlin - December 23, 2009 - 2:44 pm

That button tree is just magical. Where did you get the (velvet?) background?

Fleamarkettrixie - December 23, 2009 - 8:27 pm

The tree made out of buttons is to die for, it’s so beautiful.

LuLu - December 24, 2009 - 1:30 am

Oh your home is just stunning. I absolutely love love love your button tree!!!
Merry Christmas,
xo,
LuLu

Julia - December 26, 2009 - 9:36 pm

Just dicovered you via Romantic Homes magazine. I like what I see. Love you website, and will be checking out your Etsy shop.

Tinuviel Kruse - December 30, 2009 - 5:03 pm

Oh, I think your tree is grand. Love your photography. Meant to post my comment ages ago ;)!! Happy New Year.

jackie - December 31, 2009 - 3:21 pm

I have missed you blogging! Hope all is well and you will keep us up to speed on what is going on at Sadie Olive………….

Lorrie - January 2, 2010 - 4:10 am

Your jeweled tree is just beautiful! You have inspired me to start gathering old pieces to make one of my own.

Nathifa - January 5, 2010 - 2:56 pm

I love your home! It’s so beautiful!

Tracey Leigh - January 7, 2010 - 9:59 pm

These pictures are gorgeous.

Tracey

Elie's Papel - January 16, 2010 - 6:50 am

lovely holiday pictures… very warm and cozy!!! :)

jann jaffe - January 21, 2010 - 7:24 am

How can you find the names of beautiful songs on your web site?

Elzė - January 29, 2010 - 3:28 pm

Your home is so beautiful!

Shanna Rhodes - March 17, 2010 - 3:16 pm

I love the little tree! I’ve always wanted to do one on a pillow made out of vintage Christmas tree pins or a snowflake from crystal snowflake pins…..that’s a lot of pin collecting though.