a little biased

So I know I am a little biased, but is this not the cutest baby in the world? Meet my nephew Ryder York….

ryder1

Isn’t he sweet? This little fella gave us all quite a scare with a four week early delivery, and then somehow managing to get the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck during birth. He was rushed away (without a first breath) and taken to the NICU. But he is quite a fighter. He made it, and although he is a little jaundiced, he is getting stronger each day and was finally able to come home with mom and dad.

ryder4

ryder2
ryder3
I was happy to use my “new” vintage suitcases as props for tonights shoot. I just love how they came out. I put his daddy’s shirts inside to add some cushion for his sweet little tush.

ryder5
And I’m always a fan of naked babies in beanies. :o)

ryder6
Ryder wasn’t thrilled about being naked for all these pictures, but I think we managed to keep him happy for most of them. These last two he is in his daddy’s arms. (I think he might also be threathening me with his fist, as he had had enough of my camera and these were the last shots of the day).

I’m such a proud auntie. He’s a handsome baby and he is a little talker. He coos and makes sweet little noises when you talk to him and while he’s sleeping. Just seeing these images, my cup runneth over.

Share on Facebook|Tweet This|Pin It|Follow on Bloglovin'|Back to Top
jamie - July 8, 2009 - 6:26 am

Sara, these shots are absolutely Priceless. He is so Precious. I love the last two with his Daddy. The suite cases are Wonderful.

cathy - July 8, 2009 - 6:49 am

Oh honey….He is TRULY adorable and the photos are simply the most beautiful photos I have ever seen(you JUST AMAZE ME)…Just think of the gorgeous memories you are creating every time you take a photo…So wish you were closer I would love you to take photos of my kids…Love Cathy xx

Carol - July 8, 2009 - 10:37 am

Breathtaking & Beautiful… what more could I possible say :-)

Sharon - July 8, 2009 - 11:09 am

Oh Oh Oh, he is so gorgeous, brought a tear to my eye, he is so tiny – just makes you want to kiss them all over.

judy - July 8, 2009 - 11:38 am

Too….precious for words. My daughter came 13 weeks early but here we are…Devon is now 26. My prayers will be with them as Ryder gains weight and strength. How can he not with all the love surrounding him. God Bless!!!

lissa - July 8, 2009 - 12:49 pm

he truly just might be the cutest baby in the world! What is that fluffy white thing you’ve got him on? Is it a bath rug or one amazing blanket?

Laura Kaufmann - July 8, 2009 - 1:00 pm

These have to be the most beautiful photographs of a newborn that I have ever seen….not only is your nephew a darling….but your arrangements and photography skills are incredible….thank you so very much for sharing…

Karla - July 8, 2009 - 1:27 pm

Oh my he is a little doll! I absolutely love the suitcase photos – what a fabulous idea!
Karla

Jeanne - July 8, 2009 - 1:34 pm

Oh Sara, What a gorgeous little boy!!! Your suitcase photos are INCREDIBLE!!!! I love these. Your sister will cherish these photos. I am half tempted to get pregnant for a fourth and final time to have you take the photos…tempted…not going to! I love you said “my cup runneth over”…my Grandma Jeanne always said that!

Wendy @ the Shabby Nest - July 8, 2009 - 1:37 pm

He’s such a beautiful little guy! I love the look on his face in those last pics with his daddy. (And please pass along how much I adore his name…so cute!)

jen r sanctuary arts - July 8, 2009 - 1:38 pm

What a cutie! He does look a little menacing in that one picture;you better watch your back… ;) I love the suitcase one.

Teresa - July 8, 2009 - 2:07 pm

Simply adorable!

Isabel ~ Maison Douce - July 8, 2009 - 2:14 pm

Oh, my goodness, what a cutie pie!!!! You did an incredible job with your photos, once again, Sara!!!! Love the suitcase prop!
Isabel

Sandy M - July 8, 2009 - 3:06 pm

WOW!!! You are simply amazing girl:) I love the ones with the blue toque..awh!

Secret Leaves - July 8, 2009 - 3:18 pm

Sara, these photographs are breathtaking. And you are not biased–he is beautiful.

Sharon

Alice W. - July 8, 2009 - 3:20 pm

Oh Sara I think you might be right! He is too precious for words and I love each shot you captured…the use of the suitcase is genius. I am so glad to hear that he got through everything okay…can only imagine that scare. And how wonderful for him to have such a doting aunt ;) {oh and I love the little “fist” at the camera…lol!}

kasey - July 8, 2009 - 4:02 pm

how right you are…he’s adorable.
and sooooo teeny tiny

Melaine Thompson - July 8, 2009 - 4:24 pm

Sara! Oh my goodness! I think he is the cutest thing ever too!!! And might I add that your photography skills are amazing! I am so jealous! Enjoy your new nephew, glad he is doing well! Melaine

Kim - July 8, 2009 - 4:32 pm

Girlfriend, you are incredibly talented. These photos are simply priceless and they are so fortunate to have them of their little angel. I do have to agree with you – he is absolutely beautiful!
xo

Brandie - July 8, 2009 - 4:46 pm

Oh my goodness, he is just the sweetest! Oh boy, this post is making me sigh, big time. My baby fever is at an all time high right now and these pics are not helping one bit;) You captured him beautifully! I would love to know how you processed the ones on the beanie. They are so soft and beautiful.

Andrea - July 8, 2009 - 6:05 pm

What an abolutely beautiful baby…and the photos in the suitcase…show just what a special delivery he is.

Tara - July 8, 2009 - 8:43 pm

He is really adorable Sara, so sweet and so tiny! I love him in the suitcases, so precious!

Leah C - July 8, 2009 - 9:09 pm

Oh my goodness…he is such a cutie-patootie:) Love, love the photos of Ryder {great name} in the vintage suitcases! Congrats Auntie…& to his Mommy & Daddy,too:)

Alee B. - July 9, 2009 - 1:00 am

You are NOT prejudiced :)… He is absolutely darling.
If I ever have another baby I would LOVE to have you take its
picture!{have any reason to come to Indiana:)?}
What a precious momento…
Blessings…

Lisa Scott - July 9, 2009 - 2:27 am

Congratulations! Lovely photos!

Kathi - July 9, 2009 - 2:33 am

What a precious and beautiful baby! I love the suitcases photos! Very creative. The ones with dad will be favorites forever!! I make baby hats, by the way if you are looking for more photo props!

kathi - July 9, 2009 - 2:44 am

he is PERFECT!
oh my, he takes my breath away he is so stinkin’ adorable.
why can’t that baby stage last FOREVER! ;)
your photos are breathtaking. absolutely love the ones of him in the vintage suitcase. i have stacks of them and never once thought to take my babies photos in them. do you think i can squeeze the almost 3 year old into one? hee hee.
very unique, very creative, and oh so YOU!
thanks for sharing this special time in your life.
spoil him rotten!! ;)
kathi

kathi - July 9, 2009 - 2:46 am

how funny that two different Kathi’s…both with i’s commented right in a row…
;)

Tamara - July 9, 2009 - 3:27 am

Your photos are just GORGEOUS! What a sweet little blessing your nephew is and you’ve caught the moment perfectly in these photos.

Ruth - July 9, 2009 - 3:47 am

Absolutely precious!

caren - July 9, 2009 - 4:54 am

he is darling! And your pictures are gorgeous as always. My niece just had a little girl a week ago. She was 6 weeks early. She is still in the NICU – probably for 4 or 5 more weeks. All is fine but she is on a feeding tube because she gets so tired trying to eat. She’s a cutie too! Congratulations to you – auntie!

Wendy Sice - July 9, 2009 - 10:32 am

Oh, the suitcase photos! And the beanie and wool photos! Wow, you are so talented. Congrats on your new nephew! Wendy xx

Marie - July 9, 2009 - 2:04 pm

Oh Sara – what a darling little One. Precious photos – thank you for sharing them with us!

Blessings,
Marie

Carrie - July 9, 2009 - 9:53 pm

Gorgeous baby and gorgeous photos! Well done and many congratulations all around! Love, Carrie

Nel - July 9, 2009 - 11:21 pm

Oh you have every reason to be biased, he is just gorgeous and your photos are adorable! What a precious little man and such a beautiful gift to your family and how wonderful that he is doing so well!

chris - July 9, 2009 - 11:41 pm

oh sara~this little man is gorgeous & so are your beautiful photos! xo chris

ann - July 9, 2009 - 11:45 pm

OOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! He is absolutely gorgeous! You are an incredible photographer Sara…these are amazing….your talent and creativity is amazing! Congratulations to you and your family on this wonderful new little blessing…ann ;)

Zita - Mlle Magpie - July 10, 2009 - 12:48 am

Precious baby, precious photos, Sara.

Gena - July 10, 2009 - 9:29 am

What great pics! and what a a beautiful baby!!!! You are right to be totally biased!

tricia nugen - July 11, 2009 - 1:15 am

O my goodness. He’s so amazing. And I love the last ones the most!

Laura - July 11, 2009 - 7:21 am

dare I admit these photos make me want to have a FIFTH baby just so I could stick it in a suitcase and photograph it.
Beautiful.

Jena - July 11, 2009 - 1:25 pm

Oh Sara,

What a beautiful job you did with such a handsome lil baby! You are such a talented photographer! I just wish you lived closer to do my pics!

Congrats on being a special Aunt!

LuAnn - July 12, 2009 - 3:37 am

Oh my, you’ve outdone yourself once again. The pics of baby in suitcase are just beautiful! You are such a talented photographer and now you’re an Aunt. What a lucky little boy. Congratulations!

karen - July 12, 2009 - 3:59 am

What an adorable baby! Those pictures are just gorgeous!

tea time and roses - July 12, 2009 - 11:42 pm

He is beyond beautiful, what a precious precious gift.

Smiles…

Beverly

laura dellaporta - July 13, 2009 - 2:40 pm

Oh Sara God Bless him… he is the most precious baby… your pictures are just beautiful…. xoxo laura

Sherri - July 14, 2009 - 5:36 am

He is absolutely precious! Your photos are breathtaking as always. I don’t know how you do it – you totally “capture” the best of everything and everyone when a Camera is in your hands!! LOVE this post, Have a good week ~ Sherri

ROOM design studio - July 14, 2009 - 9:40 am

This is a cute baby and a cute presentation! lovely !

Janice - July 14, 2009 - 2:26 pm

I love these pictures Sara…I think my all time favorite pictures of yours, are the ones with Ryder in the suitcases. They are so adorable, just precious…

LuLu - July 14, 2009 - 5:13 pm

my heart ahhhhs at the sight of new borns! Congrats and amazing amazing pictures!
LuLu

Sue - July 15, 2009 - 3:18 am

He’s BEAUTIFUL! Those last 2 photos brought tears to my eyes. SO sweet. ~Sue~

KV Creative Designs - July 16, 2009 - 12:05 am

Awwwwwwwwwwww….soooo Precious!! Now I want another one!!! He is PERFECT!! Enjoy your new nephew!

Artful Blessings,
Kathryn

P.S. I love your work!

karlene - July 16, 2009 - 3:05 am

okay, I am SERIOUS!!! I LOVE your photos.

Stephanie Howell - July 16, 2009 - 2:35 pm

sigh. he’s BEAUTIFUL.
and you are so talented. xo

Valarie - July 16, 2009 - 10:04 pm

Congratulations on the birth of your nephew. He is just beautiful. Wishing you and your family much joy.
Valarie

tracey - July 17, 2009 - 2:01 am

Sara your photography skills truly are amazing (well I guess it doesn’t hurt that that baby is gorgeous)!
T

Terisa - July 17, 2009 - 4:22 am

Oh I have suit cases just like that! I’m going to run upstairs and see if there’s a cute baby in mine too! Just like
Christmas! Beautiful photos!
Terisa

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality - July 17, 2009 - 2:59 pm

Awwww, Sarah! Those are just gorgeous and precious photos. I know they will be treasured forever.

Jane - July 18, 2009 - 12:35 am

Oh, my gosh … he’s beautiful! Congratulations! I love the photos in the vintage suitcases … too cute!

Jane

Judi - July 18, 2009 - 5:48 pm

Oh my goodness!!! How preciously gorgeous is that little baby boy? I love how you have captured him in the suitcase and his daddy’s strong arms…oh dear. I wonder how he’ll like them when he’s about 18…*s*… Very precious.
Thank you for sharing.
come by and visit some time…
I’ll be back…
Judi

chris - July 21, 2009 - 12:41 pm

You are so not kidding he is “the cutest!!!” congrats to your family! xo chris

Anne Marie - July 21, 2009 - 4:34 pm

those have to be some of the best photographs I have ever seen of a newborn………..truly…….you have a gift.

Hena Tayeb - July 21, 2009 - 11:22 pm

i have no words. beautiful photographs.

lorraine lewis - July 22, 2009 - 4:49 am

he is beautiful and your photographs are amazing.

Ashley - July 22, 2009 - 12:33 pm

Wow!!! These photos are so sweet and stunning. I absolutely love them! I’m joining your rss. :)

sandra blanks - July 22, 2009 - 2:45 pm

These photos of your beautiful nephew, Ryder, are just stunning! What incredible art you create!
Sandra

Michelle - July 22, 2009 - 9:53 pm

He is beyond precious and these photos are amazing – great, great work.

Kim - August 7, 2009 - 8:15 pm

How beautiful! My three are now 22, 14 and 12 and it made me weep watching these lovely photographs. Thank you.

dana - August 11, 2009 - 4:53 am

oh my gosh. I honestly don’t think this could get any cuter. Wow, you are amazingly talented and know just how to capture the personality. I’m in love with your site. I found you through the Spotted contest (I’m in the “creative” section….MADE is my blog).
Very impressive photography! I’ll be coming back!
- dana

Lina - October 24, 2009 - 8:53 pm

Amazing photos, I want one more baby right away. Totally fantastic photos and the baby is lovely.
/Lina

sherri - October 31, 2009 - 5:20 am

I’ll say it again: Your photography is without equal. You captured Ryder magnificently. Your sister is blessed to have you near. The suitcase was genius!

Ashley - November 5, 2009 - 7:16 pm

This very well may be ONE of the cutest babies alive! I may be a little biased over my little Maslow…

You took some absolutely wonderful images. I imagine you made your sister the happiest mommy alive when showing her these images. You are very talented and inspiring to all. Please, send me some of your energy so that I can get back on track with my needs of all things artistic.

Jennifer - January 19, 2010 - 9:40 pm

What a gift you have – and a gorgeous nephew to boot. Doesn’t God make treasures? Jennifer