Perspectives

I’ve been slowing trying to snap some new photos of my house to share on the blog again. It’s always such a mess, it’s hard to get motivated to clean up around here just for picture taking… (lol)…

I know you probably have seen my dining room before, but I took these two new photos this weekend and I liked the room from this perspective… I think it gives you a better sense of how my house is actually laid out…

Diningout

I love that you can really see the tin ceiling in the dining room from this angle… as well as the built in bench and cushion. The room in the background is our front room (kind of a more formal living area) and off to the right is the kitchen. The kitchen is actually in the center of our home.

Overall

The dining room steps down into our family room (the more casual space where we watch t.v.). This room was actually an addition one of the previous owners did many years ago. The owners just before us added a faux finish to the walls and took out a window, added a huge built, in and paved the floor in red Mexican tile. Josh and I basically gutted it and started from scratch as it just wasn’t the style we were hoping for.

Many of you asked about the floor covering before… it’s seagrass carpeting. I chose it because it’s rustic enough to compliment the wood floors that most of our home is done in, and it also stands up great with spills and pets!The wine fridge and cubbies we built in ourselves to house Josh’s extensive wine collection.

During our construction phase… some of the workers were vibrating the walls behind the dining room so heavily when working that a magnum size red wine bottle shimmied out of the wall and broke on our freshly installed seagrass carpeting…. amazingly the red wine came completely out of the carpet, with not even a spot left… but the wool rug unfortunately did not fair so well… we had to spin it around so the stain is under the sofa (shh! don’t tell anyone!).

Comments

Beautiful! Thanks for cleaning your house so that you could show us more pictures—-now will you come clean mine too? (hee! hee!) I love your style!

Wow – what a gorgeous, inviting home you have! The color scheme is beautiful, and I’m drooling over the wine fridge in the dining room!

3. Jeanne says

I love your home! You possess a designers eye! Maybe you should write a design book… This is true eye candy for those of us who are passsionate about decorating. Thanks for sharing your well appointed home.

Sara, I just LOVE your home…this is a great view of your DR & I love that seagrass. Amazing that it cleaned up so well! Just beautiful!

RHoda

Hi there – gorgeous photos! wow! Oh, and don’t worry about the stain – I think if people saw it they would just know you are “real!” :))
    Love purusing your beautiful photos.

LOve your STYLE girlfriend!!!!Need some calling cards too….Also I hope you can come to the Party….You might want to be a vendor that day??? Let me know and I will give you more details…
    Cheers, Sherry

I am a new blogger, I am a photographer and love decorating more than anything. I love this room, you have done a great job!! I would love to see more.

I love your home and you dining room is gorgeous!We have very similar color tastes and I love how classic your home looks, but so individual! Thanks for sharing! Jen R

ahhhmazing! girl, this blog is wonderful! you kitchen and livinroom are just tres gorgeous! and i love the huge art above the mantel. i HATE mirrors about the mantel so i’m glad to see someone who likes what i like! i’m on decorating mode. we are moving to a big house and i need your help! could you just hop over to missouri for some inspiration! pretty please! lol!

It’s really beautiful! It’s amazing what a fresh perspective allows you to see! Thanks for sharing!
    Sarah

This post is a great commercial for seagrass! Beautiful photo plus a testimonial to how easy it is to care for.

Thanks again for adding the two magazines to my sidebar.

You have a really nice home. I like all of the special things that you and your husband added to make it ‘your own’. I especially love the harlequin design that you create on the walls of the dining room, I’ve been trying to get the time and energy to do something like that to the old wood floor in my office. I’ll let you know if I do! Ha!

You have a beautiful home! I love the tin ceiling in the dining room, something I’ve always wanted.
    ~Donna

14. Robin says

Love this perspective! Never noticed the tin ceiling before and it’s fantastic! I also love the step down into the family room. Good choice on the Mexican tile thing. The seagrass and wood compliments your decor wonderfully. Thanks for sharing!